Friday, March 5, 2010

Underneath My Shadow

Brown healthy hair dangling down my back, wearing a grey sweat shirt, with black warm-up pants, and my Mocasin shoes are what completes my outfit. Simple and athletic is what I like to refer it as, makes me feel relaxed and free from jeans that stick to me. I see my outfit, as seeing a person who loves to do outdoor hobbies. What is interesting though is how another person can view a certain outfit with a complete different perspective. Like that of an Artist, an artist can use their imagination beyond of what a normal person would, in other words, they are very talented and skilled individuals that use virtue of imagination to display amazing works of aesthetic value. An artist can paint a portrait using these three description, they have that nature to use their imagination and draw whatever comes to mind. If I was an artist, my portrait would consist of a drawing with a background that has trees surrounded around the land with lean short green grass, and a girl with long brown hair, aligned towards the left, with a soccer ball beneath her right foot wearing her mocasin shoes, having her back face the painter, forshadowing. Her clothes would be athletic attire, and somewhat fit to her body accordingly. The significance to the painter, would mean that, this girl is feminine, and enjoys playing with nature and what it has to offer.

A tailor is someone that enjoys making, repairing, and altering garments. I guess you can say someone that likes fashion, and likes to create new outfits. Out of the three descriptions, a tailor could take a piece of each clothing and make it into his/her own outfit. This is pretty neat, because it shows an individuals talent, and how his/her imagination works towards clothing. The tailor can also just leave my outfit as is without taking parts of it. A tailor can view my outfit as just wanting to adjust how my pants fit me, and maybe make them a little more adjustable to how my body is shaped. Like most fashionists say, " any type of clothing will never go out of style when it fits a persons body shape." This is very true, especially on women, clothes that fits to a persons body will always look astonishing and beautiful in my eyes, loose clothes just does not look classy at all. One always wants to look their best!

A nudist is a naturist, it's a person who loves to be without clothes at all times, even when going to work, hanging out with friends, or just relaxing at the beach. I find this really interesting, I abosolutly have nothing against someone being so comfortable with themselves. Naturism is all about feeling free, feeling enjoyment, and getting in touch with yourself and having the chance to get to know others real personality. A nudists will not sit there and compliment my outfit, a nudists will say take of your clothes, and then compliment on my real outfit, which is my very own skinned body. This builts self image, confidence and social interaction skills. This cannot be achievable when confined with mentally and physically in clothing.

2 comments:

  1. Great blog! I completely agree with you—each person has their own sense of style that is uniquely their own and through that, we get a quick glimpse into who they are. I really liked how you went into detail about how each of the three people would see your outfit and how different each perspective was from your own perspective of your clothes :). I always find it interesting that we all dress in a certain way to send out a specific image—whether it be an image of relaxation, comfort, athleticism, or whatever it may be and yet every person we pass by that day will have their own way of perceiving our outfit. As you know, I don’t dress to catch the eye but for my own comfort but if you ask the people in my house, my mom tell you that I dress like a lazy teenager—in t-shirts and jeans—my dad will just tell you that I wear regular clothes, and my brother will tell you that I dress like a girl because of the colors I wear. And I have to say, sometimes when I bump into you while you’re wearing simple jeans and a nice top, you always manage to look female and sultry, yet comfortable, and I feel that your choice of clothing reflects your personality. I really liked how you broke down the different points of view of one thing, your outfit, and really explained them through a completely different life. Great job—can’t wait for your next one:).

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Feel the Love,
    Ooooo gurl, work it. This is a really great blog Adri, good job. I love how descriptive you are with your portrait and what your style means to you. I completely agree with you about how every artist has their own medium and everybody is different on what they like. Nudist feel free without clothes well you and me, being athletes, are free and comfortable in sweats, soccer shorts, a t-shirt and sandals or slippers, in your case. We come with our own accessories too, we rock shin guards and cleats most of the time too. It is all based on the preferences of the person. And also what they are used to. I know playing soccer my entire life I am used to wearing nothing but sweats, sweatshirts, shorts, jerseys or t-shirts and either cleats or sandals. So when I wear normal clothes like jeans and I get fancy, pinkies and all, I feel restricted and not myself even. Besides the fact that we’re athletes and can pull off this look, I think it’s also a little bit of laziness, well at least for me. I know there are days I don’t bother with getting ready. But it’s ok because I just wear what I am going to be wearing later for practice anyways. But it was a great blog and I’m excited to see what will be next.

    ReplyDelete